The pavEDITa Process:
You’ve come to the right place! I do all types of editing.
- Submit your work to me via the Request a Quote page. Work should ideally be submitted as a Word document or Google document. Here you may also give me any relevant details about yourself and your work that will help me better understand what you’re looking for, attach any NDAs or confidentiality agreements you need me to sign, and indicate any budget constraints and/or deadlines.
- Within 24 hours, I will respond to your request with a quote and anticipated turnaround time. Note that these might be subject to change as I begin editing, but will give you ample notice should this be the case.
- Should you decide to work with me, most of our communication will take place online. I can also schedule phone calls as needed. Not sure if this is the right fit? Fear not! I’ll be happy to recommend another editing service.
- I will work my editing magic and return your work to you within the promised turnaround time. I am available to address any questions or concerns and to provide updates throughout.
- I can review subsequent drafts for a nominal fee according to the length of the document.
- Payment is due upon submission of the edited document. Payment may be made through PayPal, Venmo, credit card, or personal check. All fees are nonrefundable.
- I would love if we stayed in touch and if you kept me in mind for future projects. And of course, I would love to be updated on the status of your work and support you however I can throughout the process!
- $1 per 100 words
LINE EDITING: Editing for prose, including paragraph structure, sentence flow, word choice, voice, style, and readability.
- $1 per 100 words
DEVELOPMENTAL EDITING: Editing for storyline, including plot structure, character development, symbolism, themes, motifs, tension, and pacing.
- $1.25 per 100 words
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT: Compiling content and writing copy that can be posted on social media pages.
- $1 per post
These prices are estimates. More exact prices/quotes will be given once I actually see the work. I will be in communication with the you about any changes in prices. Prices depend on the amount of editing that needs to be done. I will also do everything I can to work within your budget.
Payment is due upon submission of the edited document. All payments are non-refundable.
pavEDITa is amazing! she preserved my voice and personality in my writing, yet made it sound 10x better. I will be using her from now on for all of my editing needs.